Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Lucky One


After beginning my morning by waking up with Nayely, climbing with friends, and eating amazing food on a warm sunny day, I have been feeling incredibly humbled and happy at the thought of all that I have. Please excuse your sticky fingers as you read through the sappy bits. 

I am so thankful for my loving, wonderful, and incredibly beautiful and supportive girlfriend, Nahdxyeli. She deals with me in my off moods just as happily as she also shares with me my insane happiness and hope. She gives without asking for things in return, yet smiles so beautifully when she does receive even the briefest of hugs. I hope to share these feelings with her for the rest of my life. She cares for me in a way no one ever has and, in time, I hope to show her that I love her just as much.

I am so thankful that I have the freedom to think about what it is I want to do with my life, including what to do with my summer after graduation… whether it be working, traveling, being a climbing bum, volunteering, interning…. Anything at all, I am very appreciative of the fact that I am in the position to even consider those various possibilities, let alone realize them.

I am so thankful for my close friends, who are equal parts interesting, hilarious, supportive, loving, and open-minded.  They are amazing, and keep me going!

I am very thankful for my newfound passion and love in climbing. I never thought that such a challenge, and whether you are able to overcome that challenge or not, would feel so damned addicting and freeing.

I am so thankful that, with the mere addition of water and some core nutrients, we can be provided with delicious and exciting foods like curries, beans, and fruits, which then do in fact become us in a very real sense.  So many live without reliable food sources, yet I have so much and never have to worry about going hungry. I’m simultaneously saddened and incredibly thankful at this thought.

I am very indebted to and thankful for such a wonderful family, which has supported me from, quite literally, day 1 in order to achieve my goals, work hard, be open, and to see the world.

No comments: